Pesto Roasted Peppers
- 30 g fresh basil leaves
- 30 g pine nuts toasted
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 4 tbsp melted virgin coconut oil unscented
- pinch salt
- 2 bell peppers
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- In a food processor blend the basil, toasted pine nuts, garlic, salt and melted coconut oil to make the pesto.
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the halved peppers.
- Spoon a decent amount of pesto into each pepper.
- Put the peppers on a baking tray in the oven at 200 degrees celsius/ gas mark 6 for 15-20 minutes until the peppers are soft.
- Serve the peppers on top of brown rice (I use wholegrain basmati and quinoa rice) and some fresh salad leaves drizzled with balsamic vinegar.