Mushroom and Walnut Strogonoff
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g mushrooms a mix of fresh shiitake and portobello makes a special treat
- handful kale or spinach finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 45 g walnuts blended with 100 ml filtered water until smooth
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- handful parsley finely chopped
- squeeze lemon juice
- pinch chilli powder
- pinch himalayan crystal salt
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mushrooms and kale, sauté over a low heat. Stir to stop the mushrooms sticking to the pan.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, add the garlic and stir for a few minutes.
- Then add the walnut ‘cream’, mustard, tomato purée, thyme and paprika, cover with a lid and continue to cook on a low heat for 10 minutes, adding a splash of water or stock if the mixture needs ‘loosening’.
- As soon as the kale is cooked, stir in the parsley, lemon juice and chilli powder.
- Season with salt to taste. Serve with brown basmati rice, quinoa, or a baked sweet potato. Add greens on the side for an amazingly nourishing meal.