Brussels with Chestnuts & Sage
- 450 g Organic Brussels sprouts
- 150 g Precooked Chestnuts – halved
- 6 organic shallots
- 3 Sage Leaves
- Organic Rapeseed Oil
- salt and pepper
- Put a medium sized pan of water on to boil, add half a table spoon of sea salt.
- Once boiling add the Brussels sprouts for a minute then drained them into a bowl of ice cold water.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large frying pan, cut the shallots into slices and and sauté in the pan until golden with the sage leaves.
- Then add the Brussels sprouts, season the pan with salt and pepper, lowering the heat cook for 6-8 minutes to almost fully cook the sprouts, stirring to prevent catching (add a splash of water if you’re concerned about the shallots burning).
- Then add the chestnuts and continue cooking until the chestnuts are piping hot and serve in a warmed dish.