Balsamic and Rosemary Grilled Peach Salad
This delicious grilled peach salad brings a splash of colour to the summer dining table.The perfect blend of sweet, sour and savoury, this recipe is a whole world away from an everyday bland salad.Ideal as a summer lunch for 2 or served as a side salad for 4.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 large peaches
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packed cups of rocket
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 a large red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup of almonds, chopped
- A generous handful of green beans
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Remove the tough ends from the green beans and bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the beans to the boiling water and cook for 4-6 minutes until tender and slightly crisp. Drain and reserve to one side.
- While the beans are cooking you can prepare the peaches. Peel and slice the peaches into thick wedges and add to a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop one tablespoon of fresh rosemary and add to the bowl with the peaches along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic. Toss to combine, ensuring the peach slices are evenly coated in the mixture. Leave to one side to marinade for 15 minutes.
- While the peaches are marinating, add the chopped almonds to a dry frying pan over a low heat. Toast gently for 4 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Heat a grill to high and arrange the marinated peaches across a foil covered grill tray. Brush over any remaining marinade.
- Grill the peach slices for 3 minutes until the oil and balsamic begins to bubble.
- Add the onion to a large serving bowl along with the cooked green beans and rocket. Season to taste and toss to combine.
- Add the grilled peaches to the bowl, gently stirring them through.
- Drizzle the salad with the remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar and scatter with the toasted almonds to serve.
Recipe from the CNM Natural Chef Kitchen at the College of Naturopathic Medicine. You can study at CNM to become a Natural Health Practitioner, or a CNM Natural Chef or Vegan Natural Chef. www.naturopathy-uk.com