Banana, cardamom and coconut biscuits
- 125 g dark rye flour
- 150 g jumbo porridge oats
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Ground seeds from 6 cardamom pods
- A generous grating of nutmeg
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 100 g olive, hemp or coconut oil, or a mix
- 100 g finely chopped pitted dates
- 100 g dessicated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas 4
- Mix everything together really well – make sure you fully mix in the bicarb and salt – you don’t want to bite into a clump of it!
- Scoop it up by heaped teaspoons or scant tablespoonfuls and arrange with 3cm between each cookie on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Gently press each cookie flat (about 1cm or slightly less) thick – tidy up the edges a little, if needed. Finish with an added sprinkling of nuts, seeds or coconut on top, if you like.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 12 minutes, or until nicely coloured. They’ll be a little soft when fresh from the oven but will firm up on cooling.