Dandelion Root Latte
- 250 ml oat, hazelnut or almond milk
- 1 tbsp dandelion root coffee/powdered dandelion root
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grating of nutmeg (optional)
- Maple Syrup, Honey or Coconut Sugar (for sweetening)
- Gently warm 250ml oat, hazelnut or almond milk in a saucepan
- Whisk until frothy.
- Add 1 tablespoon dandelion root coffee or powdered dandelion root, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon and an optional grating of nutmeg.
- Sweeten with a drop of maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar, to taste, and drink warm.
TIP: if you’ve got dandelions growing in your garden, you can dig up the roots, scrub them clean, gently peel, chop into 1-2cm pieces and roast in a 200°C/Gas 6 oven for 20-30 minutes, until nut-brown,. Cool and grind to a powder in a coffee grinder, just as you’d grind coffee but finer.