Spicy Mango Slaw
This spicy mango slaw is loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats and an explosion of flavour and textures. It makes a great summer side dish option or a hearty base for a vibrant and nutritious salad.
Servings: 4 people
For the slaw
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 1 small avocado finely sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup white cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup ripe mango thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashew nut pieces
For the dressing
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coconut milk yoghurt heaped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- A pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Add the red cabbage, white cabbage, red onion, mint and coriander to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the dressing and stir well to coat.
- Add the sliced mango, avocado pieces and cashew nuts. Stir gently into the slaw.
- Top the slaw with the toasted coconut pieces and scatter with extra mint and coriander to garnish and extra chilli flakes if you like a bit more heat!