Homemade Banana Loaf
Our answer to afternoon tea is this light and appetising banana loaf. The recipe makes great use of any overripe bananas you may have ‘hanging’ around. The wholesome ingredients in this loaf are enough to delight… know that this banana bread packs nutritional benefits without sacrificing on flavour. This loaf works beautifully when served with a drizzle of raw honey.
Servings: 10 people
- 4 eggs
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup raw, organic honey (plus extra to serve)
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a bowl, mash the banana and mix with the eggs, honey, coconut milk, and the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, almond flour, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Combine both mixtures and stir until smooth. If the mixture is too lumpy, try using a potato masher.
- Grease a bread tin using coconut oil and line with silicone-free baking parchment. Grease over the parchment with coconut oil.
- Pour in the mixture and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, slice up and serve with a drizzle of honey and a hot latte of your choosing!
Recipe by Lauren Windas. Allergens: nuts. CNM recommends the use of organic ingredients