These banana pancakes are rich and indulgent and can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert. They keep in the fridge for up to a week and can be frozen, so batch making them comes in handy to brighten up any day.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 banana peeled
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pine nuts / pecans
- ¾ cup pre-soaked cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon unprocessed salt
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Portion the pancake batter by pouring a ¼ of a cup at a time onto a dehydrator sheet, and smoothing into rounds.
- Dehydrate 24-48 hours. Once ready they will be flexible and still hold together when being moved
- Top with fresh berries, coconut yogurt, and lots of fresh edible flower petals. You can drizzle a little more maple syrup on top and enjoy to your heart’s content!
Allergens: nuts. CNM recommends the use of organic ingredients. Recipe by Eloise Schwerdt - CNM Nutritional Therapist graduate, naturopathic chef and lecturer on the CNM ICSA-accredited Vegan/Natural Chef Diploma course.
Become a Nutritional Therapist