Vegan Rosemary and Olive Oat Biscuits
- 10 black olives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 generous tablespoon of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, softened
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of oat flour
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 160 for fan assisted. Line a shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- Add the oats, oat flour, flax, arrowroot, rosemary, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the chopped olives and stir throughout the flour.
- Add the coconut oil and rub into the flour mixture with your fingers to create a chunky crumb.
- Slowly add the water a little at a time, bringing the mixture together with your hands to form a dough. If the dough is a little sticky add a little more oat flour.
- Divide the dough evenly into 8 portions. Arrange across the lined oven tray and press into biscuit shapes roughly 1cm thick.
- Transfer the biscuits to the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown all over and firm to touch. Set aside to cool before serving.