Vegan Rosemary and Olive Oat Biscuits
These savoury snacking oat biscuits are packed with aromatic fresh rosemary and salty olives. Simple to prepare and quick to bake, these are ideal for snacking or adding to vegan cheese boards!
Servings: 8 biscuits
- 10 black olives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 generous tablespoon of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, softened
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of oat flour
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 160 for fan assisted. Line a shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- Add the oats, oat flour, flax, arrowroot, rosemary, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the chopped olives and stir throughout the flour.
- Add the coconut oil and rub into the flour mixture with your fingers to create a chunky crumb.
- Slowly add the water a little at a time, bringing the mixture together with your hands to form a dough. If the dough is a little sticky add a little more oat flour.
- Divide the dough evenly into 8 portions. Arrange across the lined oven tray and press into biscuit shapes roughly 1cm thick.
- Transfer the biscuits to the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown all over and firm to touch. Set aside to cool before serving.
For Vegetarian – coconut oil can be swapped directly for butter. Recipe by Emma Carter.