Sweet potato with curried lentils and pomegranate
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups red lentils
- 4 cups water
- 2cm piece ginger finely sliced
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 large tomatoes finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach chopped
- 1 large carrot finely sliced
- pomegranate seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- coconut yoghurt
- Fresh coriander
- Prepare the sweet potatoes by piercing each potato with a fork then baking them in the oven for 40 minutes on 200C.
- Meanwhile, cover the lentils with double the amount of water, and cook with the ginger for 20 minutes until soft.
- Fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes, then add the spices and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, spinach and carrots, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Once the lentils have cooked, add the onion mixture to the lentils and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until it starts to take on a thicker consistency.
- Once baked, slice open the potatoes and add 2-3 tbsp of curried lentils.
- Top-up with 1 tbsp of pomegranate seeds and 2 tsp of sunflower seeds.
- Add a splash of coconut yoghurt on the side to cool the palate.
- Toss in some fresh coriander - and enjoy!