Pea Spinach & Kale Green Soup
- 205g frozen garden peas
- 1 onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 160g spinach leaves
- 100g kale, chopped and large stalks removed
- 235g pre-cooked cannellini beans
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- A dollop of dairy free yoghurt
- Fresh herbs and seeds
- Slice the onion and celery and sauté in a pan with the olive oil, a bit of salt and pepper, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add in the kale and cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, bring it to a simmer and then add in the frozen peas and cannellini beans. Sit for 4-5 minutes until the peas are thawed but not over-cooked (they’ll lose their vibrant green). Start to transfer the soup mixture into a blender (make sure it’s not piping hot otherwise it’ll splurt out of the blender lid and burn you!) adding the spinach leaves, and blend in batches – the spinach will cook in the residual heat of the soup and it also helps to retain its fresh green colour. Taste and season the soup and serve in a warmed bowl with a dollop of dairy-free yoghurt, fresh herbs and seeds.