ENERGY FOOD RECIPES FROM THE VEGAN NATURAL CHEF KITCHEN AT CNM (COLLEGE OF NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE).
Bored of waiting for that avocado to ripen, or struggling to justify paying for those out of season berries? Then this quick fix smoothie is for you! Eating bananas provides the body with a big dose of vitamin B6, a mineral that assists the body to utilise its energy stores. They’re rich in the mineral potassium, low levels of which are associated with feelings of muscle fatigue, and their fibre content encourages a moderate release of energy, keeping energy levels stable. Spinach is abundant in magnesium, a mineral which is integral to the body’s mechanism for turning food into energy.
Green Energy Smoothie
- 120 grams spinach
- 100 grams cucumber roughly chopped
- 300 grams oat milk unsweetened
- 2 frozen bananas roughly chopped
- 1 small lemon zest & juice
- 8 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients, apart from the ice, into a blender and blend on a high setting until combined.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until the ice has been incorporated, creating a smooth velvety finish to the smoothie.
- This is best served straight away. It can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 hours, ‘though it might need a stir before drinking.