Cauliflower Tikka Masala
This cauliflower curry is rich with aromatic spices, sweet tomatoes and creamy coconut. Packed with flavour and nutrition, this is a great winter warmer, perfect served with rice or quinoa.
Servings: 4 people
- 125 grams coconut milk yoghurt
- 10 cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 medium cauliflower head cut into florets
- 225 grams passata
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 10 grams Fresh coriander finely chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan or casserole dish over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sweat for a minute or two until tender.
- Add all the dried spices and stir well to combine until fragrant.
- Add the yoghurt to the pan and stir into the spices until well combined.
- Add the passata and diced tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Stir well then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes uncovered, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the pan along with the pepper. Stir well coating the vegetables in the sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and reduced and the cauliflower is tender.
- Drizzle with a little coconut milk and scatter with coriander to serve.
CNM recommends the use of organic ingredients.