Creamy Spinach Filo Parcels
These creamy parcels are perfect as a main course or in smaller parcels as party nibbles. This recipe is really easy to make, vegan friendly and tasty for all to enjoy!
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp sesame oil plus extra for brushing
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 500 grams spinach
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp toasted desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp tossed black sesame seeds
- 8 sheets of filo pastry cut into halves
- Black pepper to taste
- Rocket & radish salad and balsamic glaze Optional
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, until transparent. Add the spinach stir and cook for further 2 minutes until it is wilted.
- Add in the white miso, coconut sugar and toasted desiccated coconut into the pan and mix well until all the miso are dissolved into the sauce.
- Stir in the tahini and oregano leaves, reduce the heat and simmer, for further 5 minutes. Add in a pinch of black pepper to taste and cacao nibs for extra nutty crunch, then let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Brush the sesame oil on the baking cups then line each cup with 4 layers of the filo pastry to form a cup shape then spoon in the cooled filling equally into the 4 filo pastry cups.
- Brush the filo with sesame oil, scrunch into parcels and sprinkle the sesame seeds on the top.
- Bake at 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 for 15-20 minutes until golden.
(Optional) Serve with rocket leaves and radish salad dressing with balsamic glaze. CNM recommends the use of organic ingredients.