Moroccan Buddha Bowl
This Moroccan Inspired Buddha bowl is loaded with flavour and texture from spicy hummus, aromatic roasted carrots, salty olives, tender quinoa and crunchy almonds.A great light dinner or lunch, perfect for sharing!
Servings: 2 people
For the spiced hummus
- 3 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the carrots:
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into thick batons
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- A pinch of black pepper
For the salad
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup baby spinach
For the quinoa
- 70 g uncooked quinoa
- 20 g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C for fan assisted.
- Arrange the carrot batons across a shallow oven tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the cinnamon, cumin, ginger, salt and pepper. Rub the seasoning and spices into the carrots with your hands. Transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes until tender.
- Whilst the carrots are cooking, prepare the quinoa as per the packet instructions.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, drain and drizzle with the olive oil. Add the chopped apricots, lemon zest, coriander and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine then stir through the flaked almonds. Set aside.
- To prepare the hummus, add the chickpeas to a food processor along with the garlic and tahini and blend to form a coarse paste.
- Add the lemon juice, paprika, cumin and salt and blend again to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in 3 tablespoons of olive oil and continue to blend to your preferred consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning if required and add more oil if needed.
- Serve half the hummus in the buddha bowl (the rest can be reserved for a future meal) and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and an extra sprinkle of paprika.
- Assemble the carrots, olives, spinach and quinoa alongside hummus to serve.
CNM recommends the use of organic ingredients.