Pear and Root Vegetable Carpaccio
This simple but flavoursome vegan carpaccio combines finely sliced root vegetables with sweet pears and crunchy toasted walnuts, topped a sweet vinaigrette.This makes for a great side dish or spring lunch.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 medium beetroot
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 small pear
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup cup rocket
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Peel the outer skin from the beetroot and carrot and discard. Finely slice the fennel and arrange on a large serving platter. Peel the carrot into thin, wide ribbons and arrange across the fennel. Peel the beetroot into wafer-thin discs and arrange in amongst the fennel and carrots. Finely slice the pear and arrange in amongst the vegetables. Scatter over the rocket leaves.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Add the walnuts to a small dry pan over a low/medium heat and toast gently until fragrant.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil and walnut oil and drizzle over the carpaccio. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Crumble over the toasted walnuts to serve.
CNM recommends the use of organic ingredients.