- 2 large navel orange
- 1/2 unwaxed lemon
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 inch ginger root
- 8 pink peppercorns
- Fill a saucepan with 800ml water.
- Slice half of one orange into round slices, squeeze the juice of the remaining oranges and add to the saucepan.
- Slice the lemon half and finely grate the ginger and turmeric root (careful - turmeric stains your skin!) and add to the pan along with the peppercorns and cinnamon stick. Gently heat the pan for 15 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- Sieve the liquid, and decant into big mug and enjoy. The leftover liquid can be stored in a sterilised jar in the fridge for 3 days.
- Tip: don’t boil the mixture otherwise it will destroy the beneficial enzymes.