Want to try a soup that can help with weight loss, cardiovascular health, regular bowel movements, and give you clearer skin?
This cleansing courgette soup is so simple to make but yet very nourishing to both your taste buds and body. I often make a batch of it and freeze in portions ready for a day when I feel I have overindulged in richer foods and want to give my digestive system a rest.
Courgettes are a great source of potassium, vitamin C and soluble fibre and in combination with their high water content may aid the body in eliminating toxins. Lemon juice is rich in essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and copper, all of which support immunity, healthy blood pressure and detoxification.
Lemon juice can also stimulate the release of bile in the liver and therefore help to flush out unwanted toxins and prevent constipation. Additionally, both courgettes and lemons are low-calorie nutrient dense foods which can help with healthy weight management or weight loss by supporting blood sugar management and making you feel fuller for longer.
Cleansing Courgette Soup
- (Organic Ingredients Preferred)
- 1 onion
- 6 medium courgettes
- 600 ml bone broth
- 1 lemon (juice and rind)
- coconut oil (for frying)
- salt & pepper
- Chop onion and fry gently in coconut oil for 6-7 minutes
- Chop courgettes into chunks and add to the onions along with the bone broth and let simmer for approx. 10 minutes
- Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender, return to sauce pan and add lemon juice and rind.
- Season after taste and serve up!