This cake is plant-based, refined-sugar free and offers a variety of essential fat sources making it a healthy treat for the whole family.
Toasted Quinoa Cake
Servings: 8 people
- 100 g buckwheat rolled flakes (or oat flakes)
- 100 g quinoa (uncooked)
- 25 g chia
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 100 g medium mashed banana
- 50 g coconut nectar
- 50 g almond butter
- 50 g roughly chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a round baking tin with parchment paper (mine is 20cm in diameter)
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients: buckwheat flakes, quinoa, chia, flaxseeds, cinnamon and salt.
- Next stir in the banana, sweetener, nut butter, nuts and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Scoop into the baking tin and press down firmly to form cake shape. Cook 15 to 20min or until golden. Allow to cool completely before slicing it.
- Spread some nut butter on top and use any fruit of your choice as a topping.