Spicy Mango Slaw
This spicy mango slaw is loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats and an explosion of flavour and textures. It makes a great summer side dish option or a hearty base for a vibrant and nutritious salad.
Servings: 4 people
For the slaw
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 1 small avocado finely sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup white cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup ripe mango thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashew nut pieces
For the dressing
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coconut milk yoghurt heaped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- A pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
Add the red cabbage, white cabbage, red onion, mint and coriander to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
Add the dressing and stir well to coat.
Add the sliced mango, avocado pieces and cashew nuts. Stir gently into the slaw.
Top the slaw with the toasted coconut pieces and scatter with extra mint and coriander to garnish and extra chilli flakes if you like a bit more heat!