with the award-winning College of Naturopathic Medicine
Change career, help others and improve your health with the No.1 training provider.
Online Nutrition Course
CNM’s Accredited Online Nutrition Course
Graduates are practising not only in the UK and Ireland but also in Europe: Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland and the Nordic and Benelux countries; Australia, USA, Canada, Hong Kong and many other countries.
The three-year Naturopathic Nutrition Diploma Course has been designed with flexibility in mind, to allow students who can’t attend classes to study from the comfort of their home. CNM’s accredited online nutrition course enables students to fit study around their work schedules and personal commitments.
The course consists of three components:
- Filmed lectures and comprehensive handouts.
- Online tutorials, exams and written assignments.
- Practical in-class clinics in years two and three.
Online Course Overview
Length of Study: 3 years, 1-2 weekends per month (15-20 hours per week)
Clinical Hours: 200 hours (part of which can be taken online)
Clinic Locations: London, Belfast, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Edinburgh, Manchester
CNM Diploma: Dip. Nutritional Therapist
Optional Diploma: Dip. Naturopath (ND)
Accreditation: ANP, NNA, GNC and others
Become a Qualified Nutritional Therapist
Study Nutrition Online
Studying nutrition online at CNM couldn’t be easier. With CNM’s cutting-edge online learning platform, study guide, comprehensive training material and additional resources, students have everything they need to successfully complete their nutritional therapy training.
- Up-to-date training material written by industry experts.
- Filmed lectures delivered by highly experienced practitioners.
- Detailed handouts and notes to accompany each lecture.
- On-demand lectures which you can access 24/7 on CNM’s student portal.
- Supportive lecturers and clinic supervisors to answer your questions.
- Exams and assignments to test your knowledge and track your progress.
- Connect with your course mates online to share ideas and support each other.
Regular Online Tutorials
Online students are supported throughout the course with regular tutorials and ongoing help from lecturers. During the tutorials, students have the opportunity to ask questions, get assistance with assignments and gain a deeper insight into the topics they are studying.
- Group tutorials via Zoom once to twice per month to cover a range of topics and course material.
- One-to-one tutorials to discuss the student’s progress, answer specific questions and run through assignment work and case studies.
- Interactive activities to support your learning experience.
- Access to industry resources and tools including research databases, journals, webinars and data from nutritional supplement companies.
- Unlimited email contact with the course leader and tutors should you need assistance or additional resources.
Measurable Study Progress
Exams and assignments are an important part of the online nutrition course. They are used to measure study progress and enable students to keep on track. All assignments are submitted online at the end of each module and exams are taken at the end of each year.
In addition to this, online nutrition students also undertake:
- Mini quizzes at the end of each unit to reinforce learning.
- Ongoing assessments including case study and portfolio work.
- Home research projects so you can explore the nutrition topics in more detail.
- A professional development plan to help you plan and achieve your career goals.
In-Class Clinical Training
What sets CNM’s online nutrition course apart from other training providers is its in-class clinical training. CNM’s online nutrition students get the opportunity to observe consultations in clinic and also take on their own cases with real-life clients. With the support of experienced clinical supervisors, all of whom are practitioners in their own right, students can transfer their skills and knowledge into a clinical setting. Clinical training is an essential component of nutrition training as it gives students the confidence and experience to become competent practitioners.
- Clinical training can be completed at any of CNM’s training colleges around the UK.
- You have the flexibility to pick and choose when you do the clinics so they fit around your personal and work schedule.
- Clinics can be done during the week or at the weekend, either on a weekly basis or in intensive blocks.
- Access to clinical training videos and resources, clinical tutorials and one-to-one support from clinic supervisors.
Naturopathic Nutrition Diploma Course - Syllabus
Part 1: Biomedicine
The aim of Biomedicine is to get students to understand how the body functions, most common diseases, medical diagnostics, differential diagnostics and red flag symptoms. This way a future practitioner understands medical conditions, especially dangerous conditions and is able to decide what he can treat and when to refer to a specialist.
Medical Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, Midwives, Chiropractors, Osteopaths are not required to take Biomedicine.
- Medical Terminology and Definitions.
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology of all Organ Systems.
- Infectious Diseases, Allergies and How the Immune System works.
- Pharmacology, Laboratory, Drug interactions.
- Diagnostics, Differential diagnostics and Examination methods.
- Red Flag symptoms, Legal Requirements, When to refer to an expert.
Part 2: Nutrition Year 1 – Building Blocks of Nutrition
The aim of Nutrition Year 1 is to get students to understand the basics of Nutrition and learn how to take cases by observing live case taking of patients, following a standard CNM format.
- History and Philosophy
- Basics of Nutrition (Proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates)
- Naturopathic Nutrition
- Various diets
- Foods, superfoods
- Chinese principles
- 100 observation hours
Part 3: Nutrition Year 2 – Nutritional Therapeutics
The aim of Nutrition Year 2 is to teach students how to deal with most common diseases and become confident in treating patients in supervised clinics.
Clinics are of paramount importance to CNM. This is where students learn how to take cases themselves, create nutrition plans and apply their knowledge. Clinics are supervised by a qualified Nutritional Therapist.
- How to treat various conditions such as: Cardiovascular, muscular/skeletal problems, digestive diseases, skin, allergies
- Diseases of life stages: baby/child, women, men, elderly
- Sports Nutrition and exercise
- Laboratory tests
- PR/Marketing, clinic management
- 100 clinical hours
What our students are saying.
My studies have been life changing, exciting, and unforgettable
“I worked in luxury fashion and retail but I felt chronically exhausted and unwell. I was looking for a way to change my life and have a career path which was meaningful. I chose CNM for my studies because of its naturopathic approach to health and the great feedback I had heard about the college.“
Simona, Naturopathic Nutrition 2019
My life and health have transformed since studying at CNM
“I feel so proud to have achieved a second qualification in my 30s, enabling me to change careers to do something I love where I can help improve the health of others.
If you’re thinking about studying at CNM – don’t wait! Take ownership of your life and health now, it’s a decision you won’t regret.“
Lucia, Naturopathic Nutrition 2021
Enrolling for nutrition at CNM was truly the best decision I’ve ever made
“Once I enrolled on the Naturopathic Nutrition course so many things changed for me. Being surrounded by like-minded people who want to better themselves and overcome their health challenges has been so empowering and inspiring. I’ve been able to better myself, help my family and be the best version of myself I can be.“
David, Naturopathic Nutrition 2022
The College of Naturopathic Medicine is pleased to have the following health experts as patrons who support the aims and objectives of CNM:
Students from all over the world choose CNM.
Three-time winners of IHCAN Best College
80% of graduates are practising
Prerequisites for CNM’s Online Nutrition Course
5 GCSEs or 2 A Levels, or equivalent academic and/or work experience. If you are able to demonstrate previous study or work experience you may apply to gain exemptions from some units. Please contact us for more information and to see if you qualify for direct enrolment.
Online Nutrition Course Accreditation
Online Nutrition Training
CNM Students are eligible to join the ANP (Association of Naturopathic Practitioners) and receive the following benefits:
- Access to various databases for further research
- Discounted indemnity insurance for clinical practice
- Discounts from various companies
- Reduced fees for special seminars, lectures, master classes, workshops
GNC (General Naturopathic Council). Graduates are eligible to apply for GNC registration.
Approved by the IICT (International Institute for Complementary Therapists) Australia, New Zealand, Canada, UK and EU.
Nutrition students who complete the optional Naturopathy Study and Naturopathic Principles courses will receive an additional CNM Diploma in Naturopathy which is accredited by the following Naturopathic Associations:
GNC (General Naturopathic Council). Graduates are eligible to apply for GNC registration.
ANP (Association of Naturopathic Practitioners) The ANP is the largest Association for Naturopathic Nutrition and Naturopathy in the UK and Ireland. ANP members are widely respected in the industry in Europe and Internationally.