Vegan Watermelon Gazpacho
A great alternative to the traditional tomato based gazpacho, this recipe calls for watermelon to form the base of this delicious chilled soup.Light, summery and refreshing, this chilled soup is perfect for long hot days.The recipe can be made with fresh watermelon and chilled in the fridge before serving, or can be made with frozen watermelon making it ready to serve with no need to chill
Servings: 2 people
- 2 cups of diced watermelon
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 a medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 large cucumber, diced
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- The juice of one lime
- A generous pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbsp of watermelon, finely diced
- 2 tbsp of cucumber, finely diced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Fresh mint leaves
- Add the diced watermelon to a food processor along with the garlic, diced cucumber, spring onion and mint leaves.
- Blend together to form a chunky paste.
- Add the lime juice and avocado to the food processor and blend again until combined. Season to taste.
- Add the water to the food processor a little at a time until you the soup is completely smooth. Add extra water if you prefer a thinner soup and season as required.
- Transfer the soup to the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, divide the gazpacho between two bowls and garnish with the finely diced cucumber, watermelon and spring onions. Scatter over a little fresh chopped mint.
Recipe from the CNM Natural Chef Kitchen at the College of Naturopathic Medicine. You can study at CNM to become a Natural Health Practitioner, or a CNM Natural Chef or Vegan Natural Chef. www.naturopathy-uk.com