Sweet Clementine & Brussels Sprouts Salad
This shredded sprouts salad is packed with sweetness from juicy clementines, roasted chestnuts, tart dried cranberries and a clementine and rosemary dressing. A great winter salad option, this dish is packed with flavours of the season and perfect for the Christmas table.
Servings: 4 people
For the salad
- 250g Brussels sprouts
- 12 pre-roasted chestnuts, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large clementine
- 1 heaped tablespoon of dried cranberries
- A generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- Trim the sprouts and remove the outer leaves. Very finely slice the sprouts with a sharp knife and add to a mixing bowl. Rinse well and shake off any excess water.
- Transfer the sprouts to a large serving dish with the chopped chestnuts.
- Peel the clementine and split in half. Squeeze some of the juice from one half into a small mixing bowl so you have about 1 tablespoon of juice and reserve the flesh to one side.
- Add the olive oil, rosemary and maple syrup to the bowl with the clementine juice. Stir well to combine.
- Roughly chop the reserved clementine flesh and other clementine half and add to the salad.
- Scatter over the dried cranberries. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and massage into the sprouts. Set aside for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Emma Carter