Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Leek Quiche
For the pastry
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup filtered water
For the filling
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 100g purple sprouting broccoli, tough ends discarded
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/ 160°C/ for fan assisted oven.
- To prepare the pastry, add the ground almonds, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the melted coconut oil and rub the mixture together with your fingers.
- Slowly drizzle in the water a little at a time, kneading until well combined and a dough forms. Add more or less water as required to get a dough consistency.
- Press the dough into the base and sides of a 7-inch loose bottom tart tin, so that it is an even thickness.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 10 minutes whilst you prepare the filling.
- Add the chickpea flour, salt and pepper, and nutritional yeast to a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add the water and whisk together until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a low/ medium heat. Add the broccoli, leek, onion, rosemary and garlic. Sweat gently for 6-7 minutes to soften.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture into the base of the part cooked pastry case. Pour over the chickpea custard so that everything is covered in an even layer.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Set aside to cool a little before serving.