Strawberry Tiger Nut Milk
This recipe makes a deliciously refreshing summer drink, perfect for using freshly picked strawberries.
1.5 cups of tiger nuts
- 3 cups of filtered water (for blending)
- 1 packed cup of fresh strawberries
- Optional: maple syrup
- You will need to prepare the tiger nuts in advance by allowing them to soak and soften. Add the tiger nuts to a clean, sealable jar and cover with filtered water, so there is about 2 inches of water at the top. Seal and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Drain the tiger nuts by tipping into a colander and rinse well.
- Transfer the soaked tiger nuts to a blender along with the fresh 3 cups of filtered water. Blend until the liquid is milky and cloudy and the tiger nuts have turned to a pulp.
- Carefully strain the tiger nut milk through a nut milk bag, cheesecloth or clean tea towel into a clean vessel. Discard the grainy pulp and clean down the blender.
- Return the milk to the blender along with the fresh strawberries and blend until smooth. Taste and optionally add maple syrup if required to sweeten further. Refrigerate to chill if required or serve over ice.
Become a Nutritional Therapist