Lemon Cashew Nut Mayonnaise
- 200g cashew nuts – pre-soaked for 4-8 hours
- 100-125ml unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ lemon, zest & juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender (but only half the almond milk at this stage).
- Pulse to combine, scraping down the sides to ensure all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Blend on a high setting for a couple of minutes, check the consistency and add additional almond milk, enough to create a thick mousse-like consistency, in between pulses.
- Taste, re-season if required; salt, apple cider vinegar or more lemon.