Not only providing vitamin C to give your immune system a boost, these warming spices are packed full of antioxidants with powerful antihistamine and decongestant properties perfect for easing those winter flu-like symptoms.
Servings: 1 litre / 4 mugs
- 2 large navel orange
- 1/2 unwaxed lemon
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 inch ginger root
- 8 pink peppercorns
- Fill a saucepan with 800ml water.
- Slice half of one orange into round slices, squeeze the juice of the remaining oranges and add to the saucepan.
- Slice the lemon half and finely grate the ginger and turmeric root (careful - turmeric stains your skin!) and add to the pan along with the peppercorns and cinnamon stick. Gently heat the pan for 15 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- Sieve the liquid, and decant into big mug and enjoy. The leftover liquid can be stored in a sterilised jar in the fridge for 3 days.
- Tip: don’t boil the mixture otherwise it will destroy the beneficial enzymes.
CNM recommends the use of organic produce. Are you interested in healthy cooking? Do you want to make a career out of something you love? If so then call Angie on 01342 410505 or email her on email@example.com to discuss becoming a CNM Natural Chef! All the recipes on these Diploma Courses are based around organic, wholefoods and without any processed elements. If you want to learn more about becoming a Natural Chef come along to our next Open Evening. Click here for our next Open Evening.
By Chef and Nutritional Therapist Francesca Klottrup, who lectures on the CNM Natural Chef and Vegan Natural Chef Diploma training.