Herbs for Everyday Living
|London||12 Wednesday Evenings (Next start date: 1st May 2019)
6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
2 Weekends (21st & 22nd September 2019; 5th & 6th October 2019)
10 AM – 6 PM
What is Herbs for Everyday Living?
This is an introduction to Western herbal medicine and naturopathic tradition. Students will gain a better understanding of the most common and exciting everyday herbs to use as medicines and foods. This course gives you this knowledge to make herbs accessible and uncomplicated.
Herbs can be used in the kitchen as food or to promote the self-healing mechanism of the body. The course provides an understanding of how everyday herbs can be used to support the health of the whole family.
We teach in an interactive, fun and friendly style to make anyone feel welcome. Students will have the chance to work under the lecturer’s supervision to devise herbal, naturopathic and nutritional advice for common ailments and conditions.
Who should take this course?
As an introductory level course, we welcome anyone with an interest in herbs and plants, whether a long-term passion, or a new curiosity.
There are no prerequisites to study.
What you will learn
- Build your own reference library on common herbs and their safe usage
- Gain a deeper understanding of the therapeutic qualities of kitchen herbs
- In-class demonstrations: How to make your own herbal preparations
- Learn how to make your own herbal first-aid kit
- Use herbs to optimise energy, sleep and mood
- Herbal remedies for common illnesses and ailments
- Detoxification and safe cleansing for vital organs and systems
- Herbs for women’s health and fertility
CNM Completion in Herbs for Everyday Living