Indulge in the festive spirit with our delightful Healthy Mince Tarts, a scrumptious Christmas treat that combines wholesome ingredients without compromising on flavour. This recipe is not only gluten-free but also sugar-free!
Healthy Mince Tart Recipe
- 150 grams rice flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 50 grams nut butter
- 25 grams coconut butter
- 1 egg or flax 'egg' (1 tbsp flax seed mixed with 2 ½ tbsp water)
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 200 grams vegetarian, sugar free mincemeat
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C for a fan oven).
- Place the rice flour, xanthan gum, nut butter and coconut butter in a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and blend again.
- With the mixer running add one tablespoon of water at a time until the pastry just starts to come together.
- Lightly knead the pastry until combined, then roll out about 3-4mm thick on a well-floured surface.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut 12 rounds, each slightly bigger than the indents on your tart tin.
- Carefully press the pastry rounds into the non-stick tart tin and then fill each one with a rounded teaspoon of the mince meat – be careful not to overfill them otherwise the mincemeat will boil over the side whilst in the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, allow to cool slightly in the tin, then transfer to a cooling rack.