Sun-dried Tomato & Olive Tartlets
For the pastry
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- A pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
For the filling
- 12 Kalamata olives
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Fresh basil to garnish
- To prepare the crust, add the walnuts and tomatoes to a food processor and pulse
to form a chunky crumb.
- Add the coconut oil to a small pan over a low/medium heat until melted, then remove
from the heat.
- Add the walnut mixture, ground almonds, flaxseed, nutritional yeast, oregano, salt
and pepper and stir into the melted oil, forming a dough.
- Line a small shallow tray or dish with silicone-free baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 8 even portions and roll into balls. Arrange across the lined
- Press your thumb into the centre of each dough ball, pushing the sides outwards and
pinching the edges to form a mini tart shape.
- Transfer to the fridge to set and firm for 20 minutes whilst you prepare the filling.
- Add all the filling ingredients to a food processor and blend to form a thick
- Add the pine nuts to a dry frying pan over a low/medium heat and toast for a minute
or two until lightly golden all over.
- Remove the chilled pastry cases from the fridge and spoon a heaped teaspoon of the
tomato and olive paste into each one.
- Scatter the tartlets with the toasted pine nuts and fresh basil to serve.