FOOD RECIPES FROM THE NATURAL CHEF KITCHEN AT CNM (COLLEGE OF NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE).
Gluten Free Mushroom Tart
- 200 grams Ground almonds
- 150 grams potato flesh
- 50 grams polenta
- 50 grams brown rice flour
- 20ml avocado oil
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds soaked in 3 tbsp water
- 1 gram lecithin powder
- sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 450 grams chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 180 grams Chanterelles sliced
- 85 grams dried Porcini Mushrooms, soaked in 400ml boiling water keep water
- 10 grams fresh rosemary or thyme chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cloves garlic, roasted
- 250 ml oat cream
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan assisted / Gas mark 3 / 325°F) and oil a 9” pie dish. Wrap the garlic cloves in foil and roast for 45 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place all the ingredients for the pastry into a food processor and process until a dough starts to form. Tip out the pastry and roll into a ball. Flatten between 2 pieces of cling film and roll to the size of a 9” pie dish plus a little extra.
- Remove the top layer of cling film and carefully turn the pastry over the dish. Remove the cling film. Carefully press the dough evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Trim the excess dough from the edges. Mark the base with a fork to prevent the formation of air bubbles during cooking. Cover with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Blind bake at 170°C for 20 minutes and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, over a medium heat, heat the coconut oil and add all the mushrooms except the Porcini mushrooms. Allow them to sweat off all the excess liquid and brown evenly. Now add the drained Porcini mushrooms and cook through a little longer until all the liquid has evaporated. Add the chopped rosemary or thyme, nutmeg and season with salt and black pepper.
- Pop the garlic out of the bulb and blend with the oat cream and nutritional yeast until smooth. Add the garlic oat cream and the reserved liquid from the Porcini mushrooms and reduce until thick and creamy. Pour over the mushrooms and combine well.
- Fill the tart case with the filling and bake for a further 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately.