Pear and Root Vegetable Carpaccio
This simple but flavoursome vegan carpaccio combines finely sliced root vegetables with sweet pears and crunchy toasted walnuts, topped a sweet vinaigrette.This makes for a great side dish or spring lunch.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 medium beetroot
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 small pear
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup cup rocket
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Peel the outer skin from the beetroot and carrot and discard. Finely slice the fennel and arrange on a large serving platter. Peel the carrot into thin, wide ribbons and arrange across the fennel. Peel the beetroot into wafer-thin discs and arrange in amongst the fennel and carrots. Finely slice the pear and arrange in amongst the vegetables. Scatter over the rocket leaves.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Add the walnuts to a small dry pan over a low/medium heat and toast gently until fragrant.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil and walnut oil and drizzle over the carpaccio. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Crumble over the toasted walnuts to serve.
CNM recommends the use of organic ingredients.
Recipe from the CNM Natural Chef Kitchen Are you interested in healthy cooking? Do you want to make a career out of something you love? To find out more about becoming a CNM Natural Chef, book your place at our next free-to-attend Open Evening. Or contact Angie on 01342 410505 or at email@example.com to discuss becoming a CNM Natural Chef.