Berry Ice Cream
For a perfect summer dessert try this simple, healthy and delicious dairy free, no added sugar ‘ice cream’.
- 500 g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 160 ml coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Baobab powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- Place the frozen raspberries, coconut cream, baobab powder and vanilla paste into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- It is not necessary to have an ice-cream machine to make wonderful ice-creams or sorbets, but they do create the best results. Transfer the mixture to ice-cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions, churning for approximately 1 hour.
- Alternatively, line a baking dish with cling film (plastic wrap) making sure there is enough cling film hanging over the edges to cover the top as well. I like to use loaf tins or glass dishes, as plastic containers tend to crack upon serving. Pour the mixture into the lined baking dish, cover and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours. When it is semi-solid, whisk it again with a fork or spoon and refreeze. Make sure the ice-cream is covered each time it goes into the freezer as ice crystals will form and create an ‘icy’ ice-cream instead of a smooth, creamy consistency. When frozen, place in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Cover and refreeze until serving time.